The food lovers are on cloud nine, as it is the burrito’s big day. On April 7, some California restaurants celebrate with once-a-year promos and new menu specials.
Chipotle will become the first brand to enable Roblox players to exchange in-experience currency for real-world items.
Chipotle Burrito Builder went live at 3:30 pm PT/6:30 pm ET on April 7.
The Chipotle burrito builder is motivated by Chipotle fans on social media who draw a connection between the complexities of rolling burritos to playing a video game. This makes the band the first one that enables Roblox players to earn and exchange a Roblox in-experience currency for real-world items. Besides, they are the first national restaurant brand to serve virtual food on Roblox.
The Chief Marketing Officer, Chris Bandt, made an impressive statement on the concerned deal:
“We’ve tapped into play-to-earn, an emerging engagement model in the metaverse, and to launch our newest experience on Roblox that celebrates the iconic Chipotle burrito. We’re blending the metaverse and real-world elements of our brand to take the Chipotle fan experience to a whole new level.”
Until 2017 the much-awaited celebration day ‘National Burrito Day’ did not get started according to the nationaldaystoday.com website that curates’ days designated for one purpose or another. According to Merriam-Webster, burrito means’ little monkey’ in Spanish, which leads to widespread rumors that the stuffed tortilla resembles the bedrolls and bundles often carried by donkeys, used as pack animals.
Another interesting speculation is that ‘food vendor Juan Mendez used a donkey to carry his food in the Mexican Revolution (1910-20), and rolled it in a flour tortilla to keep it warm.’
“People looking for Mendez’s tasty offerings would say that they were looking for the ‘burrito,’ or rather the donkey with the food,” Merriam-Webster elaborated. “The legend certainly connects the donkey to the burrito, but the story lacks documented evidence.”
Another site, nationaltoday.com, says burritos appeared on U.S. menus in the 1930s. The updated versions of burritos contain different kinds of meat, vegetables, rice, and beans, dressed up with cheeses and dollops of sour cream and guacamole.
Some of the promos and deals are included here to explore and plan your cuisine hunting.
- California tortilla: people who order a bowl get golden tickets redeemable for the next visit.
- Baja Fresh Mexican Grill: the chain’s reward order will gain you 50 bonus points that can be used to discount a Chicken Baja Burrito.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill: The chain decided to launch the Chipotle Burrito Builder on Roblox on a respective day. The first 100,000 Roblox players to successfully roll a burrito will earn enough Burrito Bucks to exchange for an entree code.
- Chuy’s: for every burrito sold daily, per dollar is donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: those who unlock the Moe’s rewards through apps can redeem burritos and bowls for a $5.99 offer.
- El Pollo Loco: the LA-Mex restaurant offers a buy one, get one free deal on burritos on national burrito day. The delivery fee will also be excluded.
- Chronic Tacos: The rewards members will earn three-times points for all orders on National Burrito Day at the SoCal-founded taco joint.